Abortion is deadly for the baby, but also very dangerous for the mother. It murders a baby in the most terrible ways. It can also kill the mother. Women die having abortions.
* Globally, abortion is a leading cause of maternal mortality.
* Of the 42 million abortions done around the world every single year, half are considered to be unsafe.
* According to the World Health Organization every 8 minutes a woman in a developing country dies from abortion complications.
* The WHO has stated unsafe abortion is one of the most easily preventable causes of maternal mortality.
Death isn't the only danger.
* Women can bleed excessively from abortions, whether chemical or surgical.
* With surgical abortions there is risk of perforating the uterus, damaging other organs, scarring the uterine lining, and damaging the cervix.
* Abortion can lead to infection and sepsis.
Some physical effects are to be expected. The mother can expect cramping, abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting, and bleeding.
Getting through an abortion without these risks doesn’t make someone in the clear. Women who have had an abortion may have the following problems.
* developing pelvic inflammatory disease
* developing endometritis
* An abortion can cause infertility.
It can also complicate future pregnancies.
* It can lead to ectopic pregnancy.
* It may slightly increase risk of miscarriage, placenta previa, and preterm birth.
Having multiple abortions raises that risk.
The psychological impact also needs to be considered. The majority of women regret their abortions. Many develop depression. They may develop PTSD. Over a third become suicidal. One study showed 59% increased risk for suicidal thoughts, a 280% increase in risk for alcohol abuse, and a 280% increased risk for substance abuse. There are groups of women who are speaking out about the regret. Silent No More is a popular group.
Abortion is not an ethical solution to an unwanted pregnancy, nor is it a safe treatment for the mother in crisis. Abortion is deadly. It's a risky surgery done in an outpatient clinic that may or may not be properly regulated. People need to be properly informed of their choices and the alternatives. Women deserve better. Abortion is not your ally.
Thank you for visiting!
beautiful books yet?