I love reading! Anytime I like a book I want to show the author some love with a blog review. I only post blog reviews for books that I recommend. I don’t have it in my heart to review a write a bad or hurtful review against another author. Here are the requirements for a book review on my website.
Genres and content I enjoy reading
- Christian doctrine, topical bible studies, devotionals, testimonies, lifestyle, or fiction
- Inspirational, motivation
- Self-empowerment, self-help
- Midwifery related: educational, biography, or fiction
- Women's health: birth stories, personal experiences, history, educational, etc... (Note: I do not review books that are too similar to mine.)
- Mental health especially on addiction
- Anything health related is likely to pique my interest. My degree is in health sciences. I’m nerdy and like to read medical books for fun. If your book is health related + evidence based and backed by science, I’m probably interested.
- Family focused books such as adoption stories or foster care
- If a book is about human rights issues, civil rights, social injustices, etc… I really get into that.
- Some legal thrillers are intriguing as long as they don’t focus too much on the details of the crime
- Some historical books are interesting.
- Clean romance is fine. I’m a sucker for 1800s love stories especially if they are faith based. Think “Love Comes Softly” by Janette Oake or “Wyoming” by Colleen Coble. That kind of book is my jam.
- I will also review children’s books.
Genres and content I will not read or promote
- Sci-fi and fantasy are not for me. Sorry, I know a lot of people love those genres. I’ve just never been able to get into it. If something isn’t logical, it bores my brains out.
- I do not entertain myself with occult practices, witchcraft, sorcery, vampires, demons, mediums, fortune telling, or things of such nature. Though incredibly popular nowadays, the bible strictly forbids entertaining yourself with mediums or sorcery. I do not celebrate Halloween. Anything along those lines repels me.
- Guts and gore really don’t appeal to me. I do like to read war stories, but I’m not into entertaining myself with violence or harm.
- Erotica or romance that’s on the racy side is not something I choose to entertain myself with. A few sex scenes are acceptable (done tastefully), but if the focus of the book is on lust I’ll pass.
- I don’t read books that encourage or glorify hate speech. Historical context is fine because unfortunately that was real life for many populations. Books that have a purpose of mistreating populations are not something I will promote.
- It must be published already or be an ARC with a release date. I do offer book coaching. Please do not request a book review when you’re actually trying to get free book coaching. That doesn’t work.
- It must be in English 100%. My Spanish is not good enough to read books entirely in Spanish. If there are other languages in your book, please provide translation notes. I could read a children’s book that has both Spanish and English.
- I do not promote free e-books.
- It must not be on a topic that is in direct competition with any of my books. That includes books that are published or planned.
Does your book meet the above criteria?
If so, please send me an email via the contact page. Do know that my reviews are completely honest. If your book has some issues with quality, I will email you privately and mention that I won’t be promoting it at this time. If your book turns out to not be my cup of tea or something that I don’t feel comfortable promoting, I will notify you by email. Everyone has books they like and dislike. If it’s not my cup of tea, I’m sure there are plenty of others who will enjoy it.
Please email me with the following information
- Your name
- Your website
- The title of your book
- A little bit about your book
- What formats your books are available in
If I have time to do a review right now and am interested in your book, I will email you back requesting the following.
- A PDF copy of your book. I don’t do fluid formats on e-books. I don’t read Kindles. The only digital format I will read is a PDF. I much prefer paperback, but I understand it’s expensive to mail out paper copies. I do not accept paperback submissions simply because I don’t have a P.O. Box. My home address is top secret.
- Book cover photo or the promotional image you want me to use in the blog
- A list of where your books are available for sale
- Optional: a photo of you holding your book (will go at the bottom of the review blog right above your author bio)
- An author bio to add at the bottom of the blog
- Optional: author photo
- If you have a press kit on your website, please provide a link
Do note that I review books for free around my daily schedule. I am a very busy person. Sometimes I really want to review a book, but honestly don’t have time. If I’m in the publishing process (or close to it) with one of my own, I don’t usually take book reviews. I may get back with you when I have more time available. Either way I will respond within a week of receiving an email.
Best of luck to you in your author adventures.